We offer a variety of training options to help you or your team get up and running with Puppet, or take your skills to the next level.
Whether you attend one of our training courses classroom or explore a online interactive training option, you’re learning from real Puppet professionals who have been there and want to help you succeed.
This Puppet essentails course teaches you a best-practice approach to managing infrastructure using Puppet IT automation software in order to maximize the benefits of the Puppet Module Architecture. Puppet Enterprise is used for all exercises and labs, but the concepts that are taught in the course apply equally to Puppet’s Open Source solution. After completion of this course, you will be able to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Client setup.
In Puppet Course students will learn the right way to manage an infrastructure. You will learn foundational concepts and best practices for managing your infrastructure with Puppet Enterprise.
Students will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet best practices and use Puppet to write simple classes, and update and extend existing modules. Puppet Fundamentals is taught through a combination of lecture and relevant, real world, hands-on exercises.
Puppet is a configuration management system commonly used in a DevOps environment. This course explains the initial setup and configuration of a Puppet implementation, along with multiple use case scenarios. By the end of the course, learners should be able to install and utilize Puppet in a production environment.
Related Job Functions
- System Administration
- Basic Linux Familiarity
- Simple LAN Networking
- Virtualization Platform, or
- Several Servers with Networking Equipment
- 30 Hours instructor led online class
- Hands on Approach - We emphasize on learning by doing.
- Life time free re-enrollment to future DevOps courses
- Life time free access to all learning materials including
- Class recordings
- Sample Code
- Total Lab Infrasture in cloud and 24x7 available
- 70% of the class is consist of Lab
- Each week assignments(total 4) with personal assistance
- Two real time senario based projects with standard evaluation
- 24x7 online support to queries during and after the course completion
- 1 dedicated class for Interview preparations
The basic course program is outlined here:
- Introduction To Configuration Management
- About The Author
- Why Puppet?
- How To Access Your Working Files
The Puppet Infrastructure
- Puppet Agents
- Puppet Masters
- MCollective And Systems Orchestration
- Cross Platform Puppet
The Puppet Run Cycle
- Introduction To Puppet Run Cycle
- Gathering System Facts
- Node Matching And Catalogue Compilation
The Puppet Language - A Basic Primer
- Puppet Resources - How To Define System Resources
- Applying A Simple Puppet Manifest
- Puppet Types
- The Package File Service Patter
- Applying Conditional Logic In Puppe
- Fact Conditionals - Choosing A Course Of Action
Organizing A Puppet Environment
- Defining Nodes
- Puppet Modules - Reusable Code
- Provisioning A Web Server
- Class Parameters - Applying Variables
- Hiera Parameters - Defining Variables
- Executing Modules Against A Puppet Master With An Agent
- Reporting With Puppet
- MCollective And Live Management
- MCollective With Puppet
- Using MCollective To Interact With Services
- Using MCollective To Interact With Puppet
- Managing Modules With Librarian-Puppet
- Managing Directory Environments And Modules With R10K
- External Node Classifiers And Reporting With Puppet Dashboard - Part 1
- External Node Classifiers And Reporting With Puppet Dashboard - Part 2
- Wrap-Up And Further Resources