The workshop covers real-world data sets and instructors work with the participants to ingest, search, and visualize them. This includes an Elasticsearch overview, Logstash configuration, creation of dashboards in Kibana, how to process logs, recommended architecture for designing a system to scale, choosing hardware, and managing the life cycle of your logs.
Whether you're an experienced developer wanting to learn more or just starting with the Elastic Stack, this course will teach you how to successfully install, configure, and optimize your deployment.
- 1 Day | Class is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- No prior knowledge of the Elastic Stack is required
- Comfort using the terminal or command line is recommended
- Laptop with connectivity to Wi-Fi
- Mac, Linux OS, or Windows 7 or later
- A modern web browser
- Java version 1.7u55 or later installed
- At least 20% free disk space
- Logstash Introduction
- Getting Started with Logstash
- How Logstash Works
- Setting Up and Running Logstash
- Breaking changes
- Upgrading Logstash
- Configuring Logstash
- Performance Troubleshooting Guide
- Monitoring APIs
- Working with plugins
- Input plugins
- Output plugins
- Filter plugins
- Codec plugins