Of course, no checklist can cover all the topics about microservices. Ideally,
you should understand what you are doing if you are doing something big. However,
if you are more in a startup-state-of-mind and you just want to hit the ground running,
this template will help you a lot.
Here you have the microservices checklist.
- A microservice should be managed by a single team of developers.
- Make sure your microservice is an API.
- Prefer containers to implement microservices.
- Use the persistence of containers only where you store data.
- Expose only what needs to be exposed.
- Centralize your application logs.
- Do not make your containers too small, and don’t make too many microservices.
- Reduce calls between containers. A great way to do that is often hashed digests.
In case you have additions to this checklist, just let me know in the comments!